Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Slayer Album coming this summer!



It has been three years since the release of Christ Illusion, and I'm happy to announce that later this summer Slayer will release it's tenth studio album, World Painted Blood. I know someone who couldn't give a fuck (cough, Shane West, cough.) I don't have an exact date for the release of the new album, but on the bands website, Slayer.net, it says, "late this summer."


Slayer circa 1988.

I'm more excited for this album than I was for God Hates Us All and for Christ Illusion, because I had a chance to hear the single-release "Psychopathy Red," a song about a Russian serial killer, back in March or April, and it sounds like straight '80s thrashing SLAYER!

Kerry King said, "I think this one has a little bit of everything — more so than anything we've done since Seasons. So I would imagine people are gonna compare it to that one."

Confirmed tracks (thus far)

"Psychopathy Red"
"Beauty Through Order"
"Unit 731"
"Playing with Dolls"
"Public Display of Dismemberment"
"Americon"
"World Painted Blood"[1]
"Snuff"
"Hate Worldwide"

So, look out for the new album and be sure to check Slayer out on their Mayhem tour this summer(unfortunately they aren't playing NYC.)

July 31, 2009 Blossom Music Center, Cleveland, OH

No comments: