Friday, September 11, 2009

Stereofiend commercial, and other news

Sorry for the lack of updates. School just started back up, and I've been really busy for the past two weeks. But I have some news about other endeavors I'm taking on.

1. For my intermediate journalism class I have a weekly beat to fulfill, and that is to interview street/subway musicians in New York City. So, every week I will go out with a camera, and or camcorder and record these events and post them to the class blog. If you want to visit the class blog go here: metrosection.wordpress.com


Me talking about my beat for the class. I know I'm not the best at talking! That's why I write!

2. I have plans to shoot a Stereofiend commercial for youtube in the coming weeks, and it should be pretty rad. I haven't decided yet who I will shoot it with, but regardless it will be interesting.

3. I've been listening to a lot of music here's a good screamo band I discovered, and my vote for worst (attempt at a) screamo band I've ever heard.


The People Listening Wonder.

Good Screamo) The People Listening Wonder. This band is broken up now, but they released a split with Dodeward a few years back. In all they recorded six tracks, four of which are available. Be sure to check them out.

Bad Screamo) My own private Alaska. Honestly it was the name of the band that first interested me, but that's as far as it went. I was intrigued when I heard they had a piano player... until I listened to it. This is not real screamo, but a knock off version suited for an appearance on MTV. 16-year-old kids everywhere who think this, and bands like The Used is good screamo should go fuck themselves!

No comments: